Java Runtime Environment 188.8.131.52
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
# OlsonData 2010l
- Java SE 6u23 contains Olson time zone data version 2010l.
# Java Hotspot VM 19.0
- Java SE 6u23 includes version 19.0 of the Java HotSpot Virtual Machine with improvements to overall performance and reliability.
# Java VisualVM 1.3.1
Java VisualVM based on VisualVM 1.3.1 is included in Java SE 6u23. This release introduces the following features and enhancements:
- Added Java version and vendor information to the application Overview view
- Built on NetBeans Platform and profiler 6.9.1
# Menu Item Corrections for Right-to-Left Languages
- Several bugs in the non-default alignment and text orientation for the menu items in Swing have been fixed, as this is particularly important for right-to-left languages such as Arabic.
- Another issue corrected is the position of the icon and the text. For the non-default positions the text used to overlap the icon in a menu item, this is no longer the case.
- All platform Look and Feel configurations will now handle menu items in right-to-left language situations. These fixes have been tested through their inclusion in the JDK 7 development release, but this is the first time they have been available via JDK 6.
# Additional Languages Support in Linux Systems
- Added support for SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and 11 on Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, and Korean locales.