Java Runtime Environment 18.104.22.168
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
# This update release contains the following enhancements:
* JDK and JRE Support for Mac OS X
* JDK for Linux on ARM
* JavaFX SDK and JavaFX Runtime included in JDK 7u6 and JRE 7u6
* Java Access Bridge included in JRE 7u6
* Alternative Hash Function
* Changes to Security Warning Dialog Box for Trusted Signed and Self Signed Applications