Java Runtime Environment 126.96.36.199
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
- Includes new features such as small language changes for improved developer productivity
- A new Filesystem API
- Support for asynchronous I/O
- A new fork/join framework for multicore performance
- Improved support for dynamic and script languages
- Updates to security
- Internationalization and web standards