Java Runtime Environment 188.8.131.52
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
# Olson Data 2011b
* Java SE 6u25 contains Olson time zone data version 2011b.
# Additional Supported System Configurations
* For Java SE 6u25, support has been added for the following system configurations:
- Oracle Linux 6
- Oracle Solaris 11 Express 2010.11
- Windows 7 with SP1
- Windows 2008 R2 with SP1
- Internet Explorer 9
- Firefox 4
- Chrome 10
- VirtualBox 4
# Java Hotspot VM 20
* Java SE 6u25 includes version 20 of the Java HotSpot Virtual Machine which contains improvements to performance, reliability and diagnostic information.
# Performance Improvement to BigDecimal
* Improvements have been made to class BigDecimal enhancing its performance by thirty percent. BigDecimal is enabled by specifying -XX:+AggressiveOpts command option.
# Performance Improvement to java.util.logging.LogRecord
* The performance of the class java.util.logging.LogRecord has been enhanced. This enhancement improves the efficiency of including source class and method names in java.util.logging log records.
# Bug Fixes
* Fixes for security vulnerabilities beyond those in Java SE 6u24.