Java Runtime Environment 220.127.116.11
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
* Improved performance and stability
* Support for Red Hat Enterprise 6
* Java VisualVM based on VisualVM 1.3.2 is included. This release introduces the following features and enhancements:
- Show CompositeType field descriptions in tooltips
- Tracking (hash)map resize events by Tracer-Collections plugin
* Bug Fixes
- breaks ssl connectivity using TLS_DH_anon_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA