Java Runtime Environment 220.127.116.11
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
* OlsonData 2010l
- Java SE 6u22 contains Olson time zone data version 2010l. For more information, refer to Timezone Data Versions in the JRE Software.
* Root Certificates
- Added new Entrust Root CA-G2 and updated Entrust.net CA (2048) root certificates. (Refer to 6959911.)
- Add a new host name forward map entry (in /etc/hosts, NIS, or DNS) in a special form which is recognized by Java for the purpose of validating IPv4 and IPv6 name service mappings.
- The IPv4 general name form followed by an /etc/hosts file fragment example for IP address 10.11.12.13 is:
# /etc/hosts example
- Pre-pend a fully qualified host name before other mappings to the same address. For example, in /etc/hosts format:
10.11.12.13 foo loghost
10.11.12.13 foo.bar.com foo loghost
* Bug Fixes
- fixes for security vulnerabilities.