Java Runtime Environment 8.0 build 102
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
* Internal package sun.invoke.anon has been removed
* New property jdk.lang.processReaperUseDefaultStackSize
* Implemented performance improvements for BigInteger.montgomeryMultiply
* MSCAPI KeyStore can handle same-named certificates
* Modify requirements on Authority Key Identifier extension field during X509 certificate chain building
* Providing more granular levels for GC verification
* Removed PICL warning message
* Improved exception handling for bad LDAP referral replies
# Bug Fixes
* Fix to resolve "Unable to process PreMasterSecret, may be too big" issue
# This release also contains fixes for security vulnerabilities