iTunes is a free application for Mac and PC. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.
- Organize your music into playlists
- Edit file information
- Record compact discs
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store
- Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.
This is the 32-bit version.
# Bug fixes:
* Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
* Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
* Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
* Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
* Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
* Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
* Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
* Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
# New features and improvements:
* An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more.
* iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration.
* iTunes LP and iTunes Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more â€” available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.
* Home Sharing helps you manage your family's iTunes collection between computers in your home. iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.
* Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.
* iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes. Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.
* iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.
* Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009).
* iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.