IsoBuster is an award winning , highly specialized and easy to use CD, DVD and blu-ray (BD, HD DVD) data recovery tool.
It supports all CD / DVD / BD / HD DVD formats and all common file-systems ... Rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD or DVD disc, save important documents, precious pictures, video from the family, your only system backup, ... IsoBuster can do it all.
No accumulated cost if you need more than one type media supported. IsoBuster is a highly specialized yet easy to use optical media data recovery tool. It supports all optical disc formats and all common optical disc file-systems. Start up IsoBuster, Insert a disc, select the drive (if not selected already) and let IsoBuster mount the media. IsoBuster immediately shows you all the tracks and sessions located on the media, combined with all file-systems that are present.
This way you get easy access, just like Windows Explorer, to all the files and folders per file-system. Instead of being limited to one file-system that the OS picks for you, you have access to "the complete picture". Access data from older sessions, access data that your OS (e.g. Windows) does not see or hides from you etc.
# Changes / New:
- You can now define your own rules/signatures for finding files based on their signature [Professional license].
- Added support for Windows 10 transparent system compressed NTFS files.
- Added a WIM Tab to NTFS File properties, when the file is actually stored in a WIM [Professional license].
- Clone an entire drive (partitions and all) or a single partition, to another Hard Drive or partition.
- Perform a so called 'Managed' Clone of a drive (partitions and all) to another Hard Drive. This is the same as making a managed IBP but the IBQ is written to a source Hard Disk instead of a file [Professional license].
- Support for the Opera 3DO file system.
- Support for B6T and B6I image files.
- Clicking an address in the Properties window launches Sector View, showing the content of that address.
- From-To dialog (If set via Options) when doing a surface scan.
- From-To dialog (If set via Options) when doing a scan for missing files and folders [Professional license].
- From-To dialog (If set via Options) when creating a list of erroneous sectors.
- /eto: command line parameter that takes a value in milliseconds as time out during extraction.
- Improved sector view and edit window's functionality to stay on top.
- On a Sparse object, SectorView shows all zeroes and the text 'Sparse' but when the edit. box or scroll buttons are used, the address changes and that content should be shown (which now happens).
- Show End-address when a surface scan was interrupted (if From-To dialog was used).
- Display the MFT LBA rather than the timezone, in properties, because there is no timezone field in NTFS anyway.
- Display the FAT address in FAT file system Properties.
- Improved the default settings wrt auto-scanning and exploring a file system completely.
- Improved the dialog after an interrupted file-system expansion, to take in account folder-per-folder browsing.
- Extended /ei: command line parameter to also make a (managed) clone.
- Extended /t: command line parameter to support /t:audio and /t:data to extract all audio or all data tracks.
- Extended /range: command line parameter to also work during extraction of image files, scan for missing files and folders.
- Extended /fromto: command line parameter to also work during extraction of image files, scan for missing files and folders.
- Improved command line parameter /d:: to also fully support Physical Drive ID's higher than 9.
- Make sure certain @... commands via the GUI command line can still be executed when no drives are found.
- Added PIONEER as DVD Video recorder application - to automatically look for DVD Video.
- Small cosmetic change (not perfect) to avoid previous small file's name to be displayed during huge file extraction.
- A few improvements, changes and re-writes in the core code / engine, as this is a living project and to deal with the ever growing new functionality.
- Various other, not listed, GUI improvements.
- If the IBP/IBQ Complete OnDemand Mode was turned on and next turned off again before closing the file (Via the IBP/IBQ Manager), changes would be lost.
- Fixed command line parameter /p: to always work on the correctly selected Partition.
- Turned off overlay icons display by default, because it can cause weird visual effects on some Windows 10 systems.
- ISO9660 with more folders in the pathtable than than the root folder (illegal situation), could be expanded two ways, depending on what path was followed. This has been fixed and everything is now shown always.
- Aborting creation of an IBP/IBQ file could cause IsoBuster to think all sectors above that point in the source were unreadable. Cosmetic only, extraction would still simply work.