Inno Setup 5.3.5
Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers in feature set and stability.
- Support for all versions of Windows in use today: Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000, Me, 98, 95, and NT 4.0. (No service packs are required.)
- Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows. Both the x64 and Itanium architectures are supported. (On the Itanium architecture, Service Pack 1 or later is required on Windows Server 2003 to install in 64-bit mode.)
- Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
- Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface.
- Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom.
- Complete uninstall capabilities.
- Installation of files: Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA file compression. The installer has the ability to compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX's and type libraries, and install fonts.
- Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop.
- Creation of registry and .INI entries.
- Integrated Pascal scripting engine.
- Support for multilingual installs.
- Support for passworded and encrypted installs.
- Silent install and uninstall.
- Full source code is available (Borland Delphi 2.0-5.0).
* Windows 7 changes:
o Setup, Uninstall and custom TOutputProgressWizardPage pages now make use of the new Windows 7 taskbar functionality to display progress, pause and error indicators on their taskbar buttons.
o Added new [Icons] section parameter: AppUserModelID. Specifies the Windows 7 Application User Model ID for the shortcut. Ignored on earlier Windows versions and on server versions. This parameter can include constants.
* Windows 7 and Vista changes:
o Setup, Uninstall and custom TOutputProgressWizardPage pages now display pause and error indicators on their progress bars.
o Setup and Uninstall now call the Windows API function ShutdownBlockReasonCreate to set the shutdown block reason string to be displayed to the user if system shutdown is initiated. Note: this change is purely cosmetic, the fact that Setup and Uninstall block system shutdown is not new.
* Pascal Scripting changes:
o TWinControl: Added new ParentBackground property. By setting this to False, you can ensure the background of a TPanel will always display the color assigned to its Color property, instead of it becoming transparent under certain conditions. See the CodeClasses.iss example script for an example.
* The Unicode compiler now behaves identical to the Non Unicode compiler if a language uses more than one .isl file (it no longer requires the LanguageCodePage to be set in each file), or if a languages LanguageCodePage is overwritten from the .iss file (it no longer ignores this), or if any language specific plain text ANSI LicenseFile, InfoBeforeFile, or InfoAfterFile is used (it now converts these to Unicode using the languages LanguageCodePage at compile-time, instead of using the system codepage at run-time).
* Fix: Pascal scripting: passing a Unicode string to some built-in functions like Copy caused the string to be converted to ANSI.
* The uninstall program's version is now 51.(10)50.0.0.
* Minor tweaks.