FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Updates on the "Connection Doctor" component, to address connection issues.
Connects to new network of UHC servers.
- Updates on secondary (after-search) loading logic.
Loads secondary overlay on the spot, more room for FrostClick artist promotions.
- Fixes a bug where some mp3 would not play. Volume, Pause and skip are disabled
intentionally during workaround.
- Fixes a bug where the media player would loop non-stop without playing all the
songs on a playlist once it found an mp3 it could not play
- Fixes a bug on for Mac OSX where FrostWire would only download torrents opened via
Finder if it was already running. Torrents now launch FrostWire and start downloading
- Updates video help link to point to YouTube video of how to install FrostWire on Mac.
- Fixes Windows Uninstaller issue where it would leave behind a Start Menu entry