FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* UX upgrade, send file or send folder support when a file or folder is dropped on FrostWire.
* UX upgrade, file choosing dialogs on Mac now also show mounted volumes.
* UX bugfix, fixes possible UI freeze on startup.
* UX bugfix, sending songs to iTunes is now done in a single process.
* New feature, Send file. Available on File Menu and Transfer Manager.
* New feature, Send folder. Available on File Menu and Transfer Manager.
* UX upgrade, we now have a [+] icon next to search result file names to show partial download dialog.
* UX upgrade, when a partial download is cancelled, the entry is removed from transfers.
* UX update on partial download dialog. Includes new text filter.
* UX fix, Library search now also looks for .torrents on “Torrents” folder.
* UX fix, Mac OSX file menu does no longer show “Exit” action.
* Fixes bug, incomplete files are no longer exported to iTunes playlist.
* UX update, Help Menu now says “Sharing Help”. Items rearranged.
* UX update, rearranged View options into single panel.
* UX update, torrent seeding settings are now a control of its own with an explanation of what seeding is.
* UX update, the installation wizard now forces the user to decide if she wants to seed or not seed to continue. Links to what is seeding are in place.
* UX update, in Windows and Linux, when the user Xs the window the user is explained that the application will be hidden and is given the option to exit.
* UX bugfix, font size can now be increased.
* UI upgrade, Create and seed New Torrents.
* UI upgrade, Ability to throttle torrent transfer speeds
* UI upgrade, Copy info hash from torrent.
* UI upgrade, Copy magnet link url from torrent.
* UI upgrade, Searchable library. Searches recursively downloaded files, folders and torrents.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by Torrent Search Engine.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by file size.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by number of seeds.
* UI upgrade, Search results filterable by keywords as you type.
* UI upgrade, Ability to download partial files.
* UI upgrade, Promotional slides can now be switched by the user.
* UI upgrade and bug fixes on Phone & Tablets tab.
* UI upgrade, Ability to rebuild “FrostWire” playlist on iTunes.
* UI upgrade, Replaced legacy skinning code for “Substance” skinning system.
* Core update, audio playback is now done using mplayer.
* Core update, Vuze core integration with transfer manager. re-written from scratch.
* Core update, No Gnutella support. Multiple library dependencies gone.