FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* New Feature: extract audio (.m4a) from (.mp4) videos on right click.
* New Core Feature: HTTP resumeable large transfer support.
* Upgrade: Default save folder for cloud downloads is updated without restarting.
* Upgrade: 'Repeat song' playback mode now available.
* Upgrade: Enriched promotion display, now with audio and video previews and shortcuts to content creator's social media channels/streams.
* Upgrade: binary compatibility improved for Windows releases.
* Bug fix: if default save folder is changed it's now part of library scanned folders.
* Bug fix: smart search engine wasn't notifying when it was done if there were no results.
* Bug fix: several crashes and errors fixed.
* Bug fix: partial download dialog for cloud downloads would sometimes appear empty.
* Bug fix: out of memory error by UPnP-cling creating an infinite number of threads.