FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* Insanely faster cloud search results.
* Significant memory optimizations on search result parsing and display.
* Removed jDownloader libraries, less complexity, lighter app.
* Cloud audio downloads are much smaller, no audio demuxing necessary from video services.
* Cloud video DASH download support.
* Smarter playlist name suggestion algorithm takes into account ID3 tags.
* Fixes bug where new playlists wouldn't be saved if default name was used.