What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
DiskMax is a powerful disk clean and Windows performance optimization app. After running it your system can be optimized; apps will launch faster, files will open quicker, and games will run better.
Key Features include:
- Automates emptying your recycle bin (if specified), cleaning up of installation remnants, and debugging information.
- Cleans up every user's History, Temp, Temporary Internet Files, Cookies (if specified), Recently opened documents list, explorer thumbnail cache and windows error reporting logs.
- Clears out Windows cache, unused legacy cursors (on Vista, if specified), debugging info, internet logs, help center caches, repair information, DLL caches, Logs, temporary files and windows update roll-back files.
- Cleans up after Vista SP1/SP2 install and Windows 7 SP1 install (if specified).
- Removes registry entries for multiple Most Recently Used lists.
- Clears out Windows event logs (no other application out there does this).
- Gives you the option to deep scan your hard-disk to remove all files of type log, old, prv, chk, swp, bak, gid, wbk, tmp and dmp. This is only intended for advanced users.
- Rearranges files around so that they can be accessed faster.
The app is fairly straightforward and has a standard interface. DiskMax has four scan buttons: ‘Quick,’ ‘Standard,’ ‘Detailed’ and ‘Complete.’ There is also a check box to clear saved preferences. The app has more cleaning options to choose from as you navigate through each of the cleaning scans. DiskMax has been designed to be navigated by users of all levels of expertise, from novice to expert.
Overall, DiskMax is a handy tool to have. It is fast, safe, and effective, both for daily cleaning and for less-frequent, deeper cleaning tasks.