DC++ 0.700 Beta
DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
* [bug 1102] Fixed move/rename queue folder (thanks mikael eman)
* [bug 1124] Fixed thread shutdown on *nix (thanks mikael eman)
* Fixed invalid share size
* [bug 1127] Fixed crash on invalid file list (thanks steven sheehy)
* [bug 1019] Reworked initial filelist dir (thanks mikael eman)
* Moved to smartwin to enable mingw compiling (thanks cologic, ullner, poy)
* Removed notepad loading compatibility code for notepad texts from versions < 0.20
* Fixed time issues with DC++ running for more than 49 days
* [bug 980] Fixed PM's when popup is disabled (thanks ullner)
* [bug 1066] Search for alternates not available on uploads (thanks ullner)
* [bug 1104] Better error message on dupe source (thanks ullner)
* [bug 1132] Download queue updated when users go offline (thanks stephan hohe)
* [bug 1133] Fixed max tab rows being reset (thanks pothead)
* [bug 1134] Use SO_REUSEADDR for connection manager socket (thanks mikael eman)
* [bug 1136] Fixed dupe changelog rebuild (thanks pothead)
* [bug 1139] Fixed download delay in some cases (thanks mikael eman)
* [bug 1144] Added possibility to add many hub lists in one go (use ; as separator) (thanks poy)
* [bug 1152] Only refresh if there are directories shared (thanks ullner)
* [bug 1153] More shell menus (thanks poy)
* [bug 1159] Removed unnecessary resume position reset (thanks cologic)
* Removed rollback support - advanced TTH resume is now always used (thanks cologic)
* Switched to mingw/stlport5.1
* Uninstaller removes adc registry key (thanks ullner)
* Private message status bar text handling more similar to hub frame
* yassl upgraded
* gcc 4.3 compile fix (thanks steven sheehy)
* Some upgrades to the charset handling (thanks steven sheehy)
* Fixed socket signal interrupts (thanks mikael eman)
* Spy frame average fix
* Fixed "Don't dl already queued" option
* Added segmented downloads
* Improved accuracy of transfer stats
* Files from passive users queued even when passive (in the hopes of finding an alternative source)
* Tabs are on top with ugly little icons (new icons, anyone?)
* No more MDI