BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: add option in HTTP task properties dialog to enable P2P http download
- GUI Improved: add hot key Ctrl+R in add HTTP task group dialog, to replace selected text in url to wildcard "(*)"
- GUI Improved: refer page url is filled to new http task when drag URL from IE to floating window
- GUI Improved: new network rate graph of the floating window in large size
- GUI Improved: improve the IE context menu for BitComet, add sub menu to download particular objects in the webpage
- GUI Improved: add comment and preview/play column in task list
- GUI Improved: WAN IP and network connection status is displayed in status bar of the main window, showing if the listen port is reachable to public domain peers
- GUI Improved: enhance the RSS list display function
- GUI Improved: add options in perferences dialog to enable network connection status auto check
- GUI Improved: add options in perferences dialog to enable task statistical info submitting
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that "save torrent as" in task context menu will save other task's torrent file if catogory is selected in fav list
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug of the sort operation in task list
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the URL link name is not displayed in the selection dialog of downloading all links
- GUI Bugfix: fix the display bug of floating window in Windows Vista
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the task list is not refreshed after cancel the operation of add HTTP task group
- GUI Bugfix: fix the display bug of the HTTP task info window when switching selected task
- Core Improved: add P2P download function to HTTP task, able to search more peers to speed up downloading
- Core Improved: reconstruction NAT Traversal via UDP using encription connections
- Core Improved: improve the robustness of video file preview. the crash of video codec will not terminate BitComet main program
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that HTTP download resume will fail if the web server is rebooted