BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: download status infomation will be displayed in preview window info bar when preview is buffering
- GUI Improved: BitComet Forum URL is updated
- GUI Bugfix: controls in Task Properity Dialog will reposition correctly when resizing the dialog
-GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the spin buttons of min/max upload rate edit-box in Task Properity Dialog do not work
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the peer list doesn't display any peer in very occasional situation
- GUI Bugfix: be able to handle BCTP link opened from FireFox properly
- Core Improved: improve preview buffer schedule algorithm, start buffer if data in buffer pool less than 50%, resume play if full
- Core Improved: improve piece request algorithm when preview, decrease the chance of buffering
- Core Improved: improve error detection of video decoder when start preview
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that the video and audio sometimes become asynchronous caused by preview buffering
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that the program may crash when parsing some non-standard HTTP protocol packet