Beyond Compare 3.2.4
Beyond Compare 3 is the ideal tool for comparing files and folders on your Windows system. Visualize changes in your code and carefully reconcile them.
- Compare Files, Folders
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
- Specialized Viewers
Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data or HTML tables in a Data Compare session, or images in a Picture Compare session.
- 3-way Merge
Beyond Compare's new merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
- Synchronize Folders
Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically.
# Data Compare
- "Select All" and "Insert" are now available in line details but affect main display.
- Fixed copying to the clipboard including gaps as blank lines.
- "Paste" is now available even if no rows are visible.
- "Edit" is no longer enabled if no rows are visible.
# File Formats
- File Formats not supported by platform are now automatically deleted to prevent invalid imports.
- Added limited support for embedded equations in .docx files.
- Fixed extremely slow loads and dropped characters when converting .doc files to text (broken in 3.2).
- Fixed "MS Excel Workbooks" data format error when using older MS Office releases.
# Folder Compare
- Fixed crash if Explorer menu is opened with no files selected.
- Fixed treeview drawing past the last item to use the background color setting.
- Fixed file operation "Hidden Items" dialog so it shows filtered/empty folders.
# Folder Sync
- Added "Follow Symbolic Links" option on Windows.
- Fixed display of sync presets when loading sessions created in 3.1 and earlier.
- Fixed crashes when using "Swap Sides" with orphans.
- Added timezone auto-detection for FTP servers that don't support "SITE ZONE".
- Fixed truncated transfers from vsFTPd servers using SSL.
- Fixed hang if the cache folder is deleted while BC is running.
# Home View
- Fixed pressing [Enter] in multi-line edits opening the session instead of inserting a line.
- Fixed dropping files onto the folder compare/sync buttons.
- Reworked auto-update code to use pkexec/gksudo/kdesu/etc instead of an xterm prompt. Fixes auto-updating on Ubuntu.
- Fixed error installing gpg-key when upgrading on RPM-based distros.
- Fixed installing on OpenSUSE not registering Scooter Software's repository.
- Fixed "Open With" handling of %f2 parameter.
- View tab can now be dropped beyond right-most one.
- "Copy/Move to Other Side" now shows shortcut of represented command unless it has its own.
- Made expired trial grace period more obnoxious.
- List views now scroll the current item into view when appropriate.
# Picture Compare
- Fixed crash when dragging to change offsets.
- Fixed corrupt display of JPEG files.
# Registry Compare
- Errors parsing .reg files will now show the content loaded before the error.
- Fixed loading .reg files that include key names containing the "]"character.
- "Open Registry" dialog now shows all local keys if remote name is really local and selects the "Local" radio button if a local key is picked.
- Default text color is now black on white instead of following Windows theme.
- Fixed text patch reports showing positive UTC offsets as +-0100 instead of +0100.
- Fixed trying to load an unsupported session type from a script so it gives the correct error message (broken in 3.2.0).
- Fixed "Session Save As" shortcuts for deleting and adding to treeview.
# Source Control
- Fixed crash when using ClearCase source control integration.
# Text Views
- Added support for editing and selection in "Aligned Details".
- "Aligned Details" now uses difference coloring for gaps.
# Version Compare
- Fixed handling of malformed version information.