Beyond Compare 3.3.7
Beyond Compare 3 is the ideal tool for comparing files and folders on your Windows system. Visualize changes in your code and carefully reconcile them.
- Compare Files, Folders
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
- Specialized Viewers
Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data or HTML tables in a Data Compare session, or images in a Picture Compare session.
- 3-way Merge
Beyond Compare's new merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
- Synchronize Folders
Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically.
# Notable Changes
* Linux: Added support for XDG Base Directory Specification, v0.7: Settings are now stored in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/bcompare or ~/.config/bcompare.~/.beyondcompare is still used if it already exists.
* Data Compare
- Fixed "Treat surrounding whitespace as part of delimiter" checking for non-delimiting space or tab characters.
- Fixed "Details resize columns to fit" option preventing columns from being hidden in details.
* File Formats
- Added *.dot, *.dotx, and *.dotm to the "MS Word Documents" format.
* File Views
- Fixed selection drawing in the center spacer when the right side is selected.
* Folder Compare
- Added support for showing progress on the Windows Vista/7 taskbar button.
* Folder Sync
- Added Windows Vista/7 taskbar progress reporting.
- Added support for XDG Base Directory Specification, v0.7: Settings are now stored in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/bcompare or ~/.config/bcompare. ~/.beyond compare is still used if it already exists.
- Fixed crash when dragging non-existant network paths onto a comparison window.
- Fixed crash when pressing [Enter] on the Home view when there aren't any auto-saved sessions.
- Removed numbers outputting to stdout on startup.
- Fixed error handling so a message is shown if startup is terminated during initialization.
- Fixed 64-bit Explorer extension crash when launched from Altrap Salamander.
- Possible fix for excessive caching in the "Check for Updates" dialog.
- Improved message when Explorer extension is disabled for portable installs.
- Added support for explicitly loading a session at the base level by prefixing its name with ".\".
- Fixed crash when using STATS-DESCRIPTIVE option for FILE-REPORT.
* Text Views
- Updated PDF text extraction (PdfToText 3.02 -> 3.03).