AxCrypt is a highly secure data encryption app that provides AES-128/256 file encryption and compression for Windows. It has a simple interface and works with a single double-click to automatically decrypt and open documents. It has seamless integration with Windows Explorer with no configuration required.
AxCrypt is used to share and work with stored documents and e-mail attachments, in a secure manner. If your documents reside on a document sharing service or file server, AxCrypt is well suited and is able to seamlessly integrate, and makes both sharing and storing sensitive data a simple task.
Key Features* include:
- Strong encryption with AES 128-bit or 256-bit encryption.
- Cloud storage awareness.
- Multilingual: English, French, Swedish, Spanish.
- Password management.
- Intuitive interface.
- Secured folders.
- Offline encryption/decryption.
- Support via email and forum.
AxCrypt is a great tool for protecting your documents such as private correspondence, employment information, medical information, and financial details. It doesn't matter whether this data is stored on a local hard disk or network server, encrypting it is easy. Simply right-click any document file and encrypt it via the explorer interface.
Overall, AxCrypt is a straightforward security solution that can be used by anyone, regardless of their skills. The interface is clean, crisp and easy to navigate, and the app itself is lightweight and consumes hardly any system resources. With AES 128-bit encryption as standard, and AES 256 bit encryption as a Premium option, along with other secure tools, including a Password Generator and Cloud Storage Awareness, it’s no wonder AxCrypt is used by over 20 million people globally.
*Some features are only available in AxCrypt Premium.
- Add: Support build using free tools VC++ Express 2010, MSBuild etc.
- Bug: Copy Meta Info did not work in x64 version. [Internal]
- Chg: Implement installer bootstrapper to support Win32 and x64 in a single installer.
- Chg: Add OpenCandy installer offer in the private build.
- Chg: Major refactorisation of the build and dependency handling.