The free video editor Avidemux comes with a well selected feature set to get your cutting, filtering and encoding tasks done. It reads and writes many file types (AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4, ASF, MKV) and comes with a variety of common codecs and filters. Avidemux automates your tasks by creating projects and putting them into the job queue.
- Non-linear video editing
- Apply filters and effects
- Transcode into various formats
- Insert or extract audio streams
- Subtitle processor
- Project system
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Graphical or command line interfaces
- Video encoders: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, DV, ...
- Audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM, ...
- Container: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, OGM, ...
* Image/export: Proper initialization of Qz for jpeg export
* UI : Add an override menu to force language
* tinypy : Add support for os.environ
* x264 : Improved settings (tobias)
* Win32 : Fix crash when having an audio problem
* Win32 : Re-add mp4v2 to installer files
* Audio/FAAC : Fix channel mapping when source is mono
* Audio/AMR : Re-enabled AMR
* Audio/lavc : Fixed encoding for codec not supporting planar (MP2)
* Audio : Fixed importing MP2 audio detected as MP3
* Editor : Fix deleting chunks of the video leading to seek errors
* Editor : Initial copy/paste support
* Editor/audio: Fix issue when source has more than 4 tracks
* Editor : Better detection of double fps input files
* TS/Demux : Brute force eac3 probe
* TS/Demux : Better initialization, avoid dropping audio
* MP4/Demux : Fix management of PCM audio
* Mkv/Demux : Proper re-indexing for mpeg2 in mkv
* Mp4v2/Mux : Add fast start mode back
* OpenSolaris : Some fixes by pfelecan
* Subtitles : Update libass + very simple srt2ssa converter
* OsX : Enables more optional codecs...
* avsfilte : Performance Improvements (fahr)