AMD Catalyst Drivers XP 10.7 XP
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Windows XP and 2003
# New Features
This section provides information on new features found in this release of the ATI Radeon™ Display Driver. These include the following:
* ATI Eyefinity - HydraVision enhancements
- Maximizing a window across displays will now take user defined bezel compensation into account
- Automatically adjusts window position when dragging and dropping windows to ensure title bar visibility
- Proper dialog box placement - dialogs do not cross displays, are not hidden behind bezels, and can be designated to be shown on the users “preferred” display
* Enhanced Pull-down detection
- The Pull-down detection algorithm has been enhanced for higher visual quality on certain types of video content
- Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
* ATI CrossFireX™ technology – support for rotated displays
- This release of ATI Catalyst™ enables end users running supported ATI CrossFireX™ configurations to rotate their displays (single or ATI Eyefinity display configurations) and still enjoy the performance benefits of ATI CrossFireX™ technology
* ATI Radeon GPU acceleration of VLC 1.1.1 Media Player
- Enables GPU acceleration of h.264 video content when using the VLC 1.1.1 Media Player – delivering a better user experience by consuming less system resources
- Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 and ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series of products
- Requires VLC version 1.1.1 and later
# Performance Improvements
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™ 10.7:
- Performance increases 3-5% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series single card and CrossFire™ configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
- Performance increases 3-8% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 single card and CrossFire™ configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
- Performance increases 2-6% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 and ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 series single card configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
- Performance increases 2-10% on ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 series single card and CrossFire™ configurations when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled
# All Systems
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows. These include:
* "Current Setting" indicator will now appear when "Windows desktop" option is selected in "Catalyst™ Control Center - Basic" for specific CV resolutions
# Windows XP
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:
* "Age Of Empires: The Rise of Rome" no longer fails and display error message when the diplomacy button is clicked
* Flickering no longer observed when task switching between game and desktop with Alt+Tab in "Need for Speed: Shift" game