AMD Catalyst Drivers XP 7.8
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Windows XP and 2003
The Catalyst" software suite 7.8 contains the following:
* Radeon" display driver 8.401
* Multimedia Center" 9.16
* HydraVision" Basic Edition
* Remote Wonder 3.04
* WDM Driver Install Bundle
* Southbridge/IXP Driver
* Catalyst" Control Center Version 7.8
This release of Catalyst" introduces an enhanced version of ATI Overdrive for the ATI Radeon" HD 2600 Series and ATI Radeon" HD 2400 Series. Users can now Over-clock both GPU engine and graphics memory clock speeds in Crossfire" mode (and over-clock single ATI Radeon" graphics accelerators as well). This version of ATI Overdrive also includes a new stress test application to verify any over-clocking speeds users may have configured (either manually or through the auto-tuning tool) on their ATI Radeon" graphics accelerators.
Note: In CrossFire" configuration, the OverDrive 5.0 test application will run only on first GPU and any unlinked GPUs. As a consequence auto-tuning of linked adapters will not be available in the Radeon" 8.40 software driver release. Also, the Manual Test button will be grayed out if the selected GPU is Slave. Missing support is due to a limitation in current driver implementation and will be resolved in upcoming driver release.
The following performance improvements are noticed with Catalyst" 7.8:
* Lost Planet DX10 with anti-aliasing improves 11% or greater on Radeon" HD2900XT products
* Radeon" HD2600 and Radeon" HD2400 (single and CrossFire") show improvements of as much as 6% in 3DMark 2006 and 3DMark 2005
* Serious Sam 2 with HDR enabled improves as much as 14.5% on Radeon" HD2900, Radeon" HD2600 and Radeon" HD2400 products