AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 11.6 Vista
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Vista.
# New Features:
* AMD Steady Video
- Steady Video is currently an AMD exclusive feature based on AMD APP Technology
- By applying advanced algorithms behind the scenes, users do not have to deal with shaky or unstable video ever again!
- Capabilities scale with hardware and are end user controlled
* Image Stabilization brought to YouTube!
* Decode Acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content
- AMD has enabled decode acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content in Microsoft video player applications (through MFT support) for all AMD Radeon 6000 Series
# Performance Enhancements
* Performance gains in Crysis of up to 7% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
* Performance gains in F1 2010 of up to 8% in DirectX 11 mode on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
* Performance gains in Far Cry 2 of up to 5% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
* Performance gains in HAWX of up to 8% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
* Performance gains in the Unigine OpenGL tests of up to 10% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
# Windows Vista
* The screen no longer briefly flashes green while changing screen resolution and playing a BluRay title using PowerDVD 10.
# Windows 7
* Flashing titles are no longer displayed when playing F1 2010 in a Crossfire environment.
* Video playback no longer intermittently displays a black screen when using Windows Media Player.
* Graphics and Gaming scores are now correctly computed in the Windows Performance Index.
* A BSOD error is no longer generated randomly when Crossfire is enabled/disabled after video/LCD overdrive settings are changed on HD 6900 series products.
* Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing The Witcher 2 on HD 6800 series products. (when used with AMD Catalyst 11.5 CAP 5 release)
* Screen tearing is no longer randomly seen when playing Riddick 2 at high performance settings and with Crossfire enabled.
* The game Kings Bounty now renders correctly.
* The game Empire Total War now no longer displays random flickering and in-game buttons display correctly.
* Google Earth now performs smoothly in OpenGL mode.
* Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing Cars 2 on HD 6900 series products.
* Sid Meyers Civilization V no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption when played in DirectX 10 mode in a Crossfire environment.
* Heaven 2.1 running in DirectX 11 mode no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption in a Crossfire environment.
* Crossfire is correctly enabled when playing LEGO : Pirates of the Caribbean on HD6800 and HD 6900 series products.
* Poor performance is no longer experienced while Playing Heroes of Newerth and when the cursor is moved to the top right or bottom right corner of the screen.
* Mouse cursor corruption (in the upper right portion of the screen) should be resolved