7-Zip 9.21 Beta
7-Zip is a file archiver utility application with a high compression ratio to help you extract compressed files and create your own compressed files in several different formats.
7-Zip Key Features Include:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression.
- Supported packing / unpacking formats: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR.
- Supported formats for unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.
- Compression ratio for ZIP and GZIP formats: 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip.
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats.
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format.
- Integration with Windows Shell.
- Powerful File Manager.
- Powerful command line version.
- Plugin for FAR Manager.
- Localizations for 74 languages.
This is the 32-bit version of the application.
- 7-Zip now can unpack UEFI BIOS files.
- 64-bit version of 7-Zip now includes additional 32-bit shell extension DLL. So other 32-bit programs can call 64-bit 7-Zip via context menu.
- Now it's possible to associate 7-Zip with file types without Administrator rights.
- New -mf=FilterID switch to specify compression filter. Examples:
7z a -mf=bcj2 a.7z a.tar
7z a -mf=delta:4 a.7z a.wav
7z a -mf=bcj a.tar.xz a.tar
- 32-bit 7-Zip running under 64-bit Windows x64 now can use up to 4 GB of RAM.
- Some bugs were fixed.
- New localizations: Corsican, Kyrgyz, Ligurian.