XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
* Fixed a possible crash if too many characters were typed or pasted into the input-box (this affected 2.8.7 only).
* Fixed logging if the global setting was OFF and you turned it ON for individual channels.
* Python scripts will now also be auto-loaded from C:\Program Files\XChat\Plugins\*.py.
* Fixed a Python crash  where the word array contained more than 28 words.
* Fixed: Changing settings in a channel's right-click menu while that channel wasn't the front-most used to fail.
* The TCL plugin now requires ActiveTCL 8.5.