Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
# Bugs fixed:
* Wireshark crashes on bootp filter.
* Wireshark > 1.4 does not correctly read Association ID for PS Poll packets.
* Radius-EAP broken since 1.8.0 release.
* SNMP incorrectly marks SNMPv3 "discovery" packet as malformed.
* Widgets are not properly expanded in GTK3.
* Find Next Mark duplicated on Edit Menu.
* DVB-CI/CI+: fix offset error in operator_info apdu.
* Unable to correctly identify IEC 61850 MMS packets.
* WinPcap doesn't install if vcredist_x64 requires reboot.
# Updated Protocol Support
* BACapp, BOOTP, DCERPC SPOOLSS, DVB-CI, H.248, IEEE 802.11, Jmirror, NAS EPS, NFS, PPP, RELOAD Framing, SES, SNMP, XMPP
# New and Updated Capture File Support
* Microsoft Network Monitor