WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* Bug fix: Translations were not included in setup.
* Bug fix: Versions of 3rd party components were not updated in translations.
* Back-propagates some improvements and fixes from 5.0 - 5.0.2 beta releases:
- SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.0e.
- Explorer-style file selection with mouse is enabled by default in Commander interface.
- Starting renaming the next file after confirming rename with Tab key.
- Logging local account into session log.
- F10 key closes an internal editor.
- Installer without OpenCandy does not include OpenCandy licence anymore.
- Bug fix: Directory listing was shown as part of the file transfer error message with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Internal editor window is not restored when minimized when editing the already file again.
- Bug fix: Link to a parent directory is not read in an empty remote root folder.
- Bug fix: Failure when session is closed unexpectedly in scripting.
- Bug fix: Duplicate shortcut key in local Open directory window.