Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client, which is used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. The application is written in Java and uses the Azureus Engine.
Vuze offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.
In addition to BitTorrenting, Vuze allows you to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content. You can see content through channels and categories containing TV shows, music videos, movies, video games and others.
If you publish your own original content via the Vuze platform, you are able to charge for it.
Please be advised: You must have Java installed to be able to run Vuze.
# New Features:
* Core | Support per-url config for http seeds and max_speed setting
* Plug | Start of a fallback magnet lookup service
* UI | Clicking on dock icon always opens main window
* Core | Parse hex-encoded magnet URIs too
* Core | Immediate-close option for tracker socket connections
* Core | Return IP address instead of DNS names for external seeds
* Core | Support more non-conformant RSS feed dates
* Core | Auto-speed bias towards min ping times rather than pure average
# Corrected bugs:
* Core | Reverted socket handling to initial 1.6 fix status to fix with network binding/stall problems
* Core | Added option to disable all IPv6 support and defaulted to 'disable' on OSX as some users experiencing crash when enabled
* Plug | Don't cause all dht torrents to perform an 'announce' when 'pause-all' selected
* Plug | Webplugin config section override was using the wrong variable prefix
* UI | Fixed name column sort
* UI | (OSX) Fixed opening .vuze files when client isn't running
* UI | Fixed table view not loading (showing gray area) sometimes
* UI | (Windows) "Open Containing Folder" in default "folder association" app
* UI | (*nix) Fixed name column blanking
* UI | (OSX) Fixed Password option hanging UI
* UI | Fixed sidebar font sizes (mostly for *nix)
* UI | (OSX) Opening .torrent file when "Add Silently" is enable should no longer activate the main window
* UI | Fix losing cursor indication on Sashes (and other widgets)
* UI | Sidebar now accepts dropping torrents