UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
- added compatibility with the following software by exclusion their essential files from moving (excluded files are listed in brackets): SafeBoot (safeboot.fs), Symantec GoBack (Gobackio.bin), PGP Whole Disk Encryption (PGPWDE0*), Acronis OS Selector (bootwiz*), DriveCrypt (BootAuth?.sys), DiskCryptor ($dcsys$)
- added crash handling code to the GUI, it shows the crash information on startup when the program crashed during the last run
- changed unit suffixes from lower case 'b' to capital 'B', this is going conform with the SI units. Current scripts will still function, since we ignore character case.
- error messages of the command line tool redirected to stderr while everything else - to stdout to comply with the common practice
- fixed the progress indicator overflow; now it should never exceed 100%
- added option to specify a custom cluster map background color (free-space color)
- included further information in the documentation to fix bug #3561122
- the following translations were added:
> Lithuanian, Albanian
- the following translations were updated:
> Vietnamese, Polish, Iloko, Portuguese (BR), Norwegian, Slovak, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Spanish (MEX), Wáray-Wáray, Japanese, Spanish (AR)
- Internals: WgxPrintUnicodeString, WgxCheckAdminRights routines added to wgx library