Mozilla Thunderbird makes e-mailing safer, faster, and easier with features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in RSS reader, and quick search. Thunderbird was designed to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail.
Thunderbird includes tabbed e-mail, new search tools and indexing, smart folders, support for Firefox, a simplified setup wizard and robust junk protections that include phishing and spam filters.
Key Features Include:
- Tabbed email.
- An Archive feature similar to the one found in GMail.
- Lightning fast search.
- Smart folders.
Thunderbird has junk mail tools that have been updated to stay ahead of spam and features anti-phishing protection.
- Multi-Channel Chat: You now can enjoy real time conversation with your contacts, right from your favorite messaging application.
- Do Not Track: This option has been implemented as an addition to Search the Web.
- Ubuntu One is now supported in Filelink - the option to upload large attachments to online storage services.
- New User Interface: Thunderbird is replicating the new look and feel of Mozilla Firefox in an effort to provide a similar user experience across all Mozilla software desktop or mobile and all platforms.
- Various fixes and performance improvements
- Various security fixes