Songbird 0.7 RC1
Songbird is an open-source customizable music player.
It is integrated with these Web 2.0 services: mashTape, SHOUTcast Radio, Last.fm Scrobbling, and Songkick concert tickets. You can enhance Songbird with community-contributed plugins like Media Flow.
- Smart Playlists
- Built-In Web Browser
- Multi-language Support
- Automatic Updates
- Setup Assistant
- Custom User Interface
- Library Management
- Developer Support
Beta features include portable device support, metadata management, album artwork, and subscriptions.
Please note that the author has stopped supporting this program, but Nightingale is now available as an alternative.
* Refreshed UI: refined look and feel
* New setup assistant: get up and running in Songbird with ease (requires a fresh profile)
* Smart playlists: create dynamic playlists based on criteria you set
* Concert calendar: find upcoming shows in your area based on the artists in your library
* Last.fm support: scrobble the tracks you play and love or ban them
* GStreamer on all platforms: this is our first cross platform release using GStreamer as our new media core, by default it handles all FLAC playback on Windows/Mac (or you can enable GStreamer to handle more codecs)
* Zippier metadata reading: much faster media scanning
* Reduced memory useage on Windows/Linux: we landed jemalloc as the applications memory allocator