At one time, web browsers simply got you to the Internet. But from the day it was released, Safari set the bar higher for web browsers. It introduced sophisticated design elements that made browsing a joy. Easy to use, Safari stayed out of your way and let you effortlessly navigate from site to site.
More browsing space: Safari is designed to emphasize the browsing, not the browser. The browser frame is a single pixel wide. You see a scroll bar only when needed. By default, there's no status bar. Instead, a progress indicator turns as your page loads. Tabbed browsing means you'll find tabs at the very top of the browser, opening an even wider window for viewing websites. A great browser, Safari lets you simply enjoy the web.
Find the sites you need: Looking for a site you visited in the past but can't quite remember? Use Full History Search to quickly find sites using even the sketchiest search terms. And when you click a web page in Cover Flow, it's because you've already recognized it as the site you were looking for. No more guessing. Innovative features like these show you how good browsing can be.
Satisfy your need for speed: The world's fastest browser, Safari has speed to burn. Why should you wait for pages to load? You want to see those search results, get the latest news, check current stock prices, right now.
If you are looking to get more out of your Safari browser, then check out our handy guides:
* Safari Extensions
* Customize Safari with features created by third-party developers
* Find extensions in the Safari Extensions Gallery, accessible from the Action menu and extensions.apple.com
# Contains improvements to stability and security, including the following:
* More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
* More accurate timing for CSS animations
* Better stability when scrolling through MobileMe Mail
* Fixes display of multipage articles from www.rollingstone.com in Safari Reader
* Fixes an issue that could cause borders on YouTube thumbnails to disappear when hovering over the thumbnail image
* Fixes an issue that prevented boarding passes from www.aa.com from printing correctly
* Fixes an issue that could cause DNS prefetching requests to overburden certain routers