PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
Here is a brief list of some of the key features found in PowerArchiver:
- Preview Window
- Full Windows Vista Support
- Superior ZIP Support
- 7-Zip Compression
- Multiple Formats Support Including ISO
- New Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
- Unmatched Security
- Automated Backups
- Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
- Compression Profiles
- Useful Tools
* PowerArchiver now remembers password for shell extract session (multiple files).
* Backup now creates new folders if needed to create destination backup.
* Installer improvements - no more crashing of explorer and pastarter by Vista RM.
* Expanded extract button MRU to 10, added shortcuts and icons.
* Mount/Unmount option added in PA Starter main menu.
* Added F6 shortcut to switch focus between treeview and filelist.
* Added ALT+D shortcut to focus on address bar.
* Added GO button in address bar.
* Improved tabbing between PowerArchiver windows.
* Increased border size of the windows (preview, etc) so they can be dragged easily.
* Improvements in shortcuts in main PowerArchiver and shell extensions.
* More tips/hints added.
* Various minor translation updates.
* Fixed Bug #924: Canceling during zip load crashes PA.
* Fixed Bug #910: Backup does not save zip spans properly.
* Fixed Bug #927: Testing archive via shell opens folder.
* Fixed Bug #930: Extracting RAR archives with CRC error cancels extraction.
* Fixed Bug #929: Converting to same format exits convert tool.
* Fixed Bug #928: Can not encrypt/convert tar.gz to zip aes.
* Fixed Bug #078: Adding to folders/paths does not work in tar,bh, cab, lha.
* Fixed Bug #925: Can not create 7z if Optimized or Store is used.
* Fixed Bug #919: SFX Wizard does not create SFX's in specific situations.
* Fixed Bug #916: Virtual Drive always disabled in Starter.
* Fixed Bug #889: Nvidia drivers SFX detection does not work in 64bit shell.
* Fixed Bug #918: Plugin issues with progress bar.
* Fixed Bug #957: Extract shell extensions unicode issues.
* Fixed Bug #907: First archive does not extract properly if wrong password session saved.