PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system. It has more than 15 years of active development and a proven architecture that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness.
It is fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages). It includes most SQL:2008 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP.
* Fix persistence marking of shared buffers during WAL replay
* Fix possible incorrect sorting of output from queries involving WHERE indexed_column IN (list_of_values)
* Fix planner failure for queries involving GROUP BY expressions along with window functions and aggregates
* Fix planner's assignment of executor parameters
* Improve planner's handling of join conditions in index scans
* Improve selectivity estimation for text search queries involving prefixes, i.e. word:* patterns
* Fix delayed recognition of permissions changes
* Fix ANALYZE to not fail when a column is a domain over an array type
* Prevent PL/Perl from crashing if a recursive PL/Perl function is redefined while being executed
* Work around possible misoptimization in PL/Perl
* Remove unnecessary dependency on pg_config from pg_upgrade
* Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2012f for DST law changes in Fiji