PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
# FILE MANAGER:
* (Windows 7) Fixed drag and drop on Windows 7
* (Linux) Fixed a bug which on some circumstances crashed the application while opening an archive on startup
* New navigation menu entry for Public documents for Windows Vista/7
* New theme for providing a more intuitive and familiar look and feel to Windows users
* New icons for databases, vector graphic, palette graphic, and icons/cursors
* Improved password form's exception handling
* Reset button to clear the search filter and refresh the file browser applying the non filtered non recoursive listing
* Added "Recent archive" panel to status bar
* Added "Explore path with PeaZip", "Explore path" and "Open command prompt here" entries to History and Recent panels' context menu
* Keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl+A becomes shortcut to "Select all"
- Ctrl+L becomes shortcut to "Extract all"
* Various minor updates and fixes