PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
* Package naming convention changed to fixed mayor.minor.revision format in order to always have 5 byte size for version string
# FILE MANAGER
* (Windows Vista and more recent) Added Schedule tab integrated with system Task Scheduler for ease of creating scheduled archiving/extraction (i.e. backup/restore) scripts from a single place
* Improved bookmarks: when all bookmarks are deleted from application, bookmark list stays empty; when bookmarks are deleted by application reset or deleting bookmarks file, default bookmarks are listed
* Various fixes
# EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
* Added support for .ipsw iOS devices firmware packages, 175 file extensions are now supported
# WINDOWS INSTALLER
* Added "Check for updates link" in installer and system integration wizard