PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
* Pea updated to 0.43 release
# FILE MANAGER
* Enlarged small icon size
- 16 px icons are now shown in 20px areas (as in Vista and newer systems file explorer) to improve usability on touch devices and high resolution screens
* Improved Recent menu
- menu displays also folders relevant for recent activities
- recent folders quick selection menu in archiving and extraction interfaces does not contain duplicate recent pats
* Various minor fixes
# EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
* Fixed PEA format single volume size issue on Win64
* Fixed "keyfile not found" issue for PEA format extraction