PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
- Compiled with Lazarus 1.0.6
# FILE MANAGER:
- New theming engine with 16, 32, 48 and 96px icons.
- New style options for decoration of image thumbnails, Options > Browser > Style
- New Image manager context menu replicating main Image manager tool bar functions
- New keyboard shortcuts
- Backspace or Alt+left: go back
- Alt+right: go forward
- Alt+up: go up one level
- Esc: exit compression and extraction interfaces
- F4: go to root
- Ctrl+F4: go to desktop
- Shift+F4: go to home
- Various fixes and improvements
- Drag and drop information box shows destination path
- Improved browser presets
- Sort by name is always the secondary sorting criteria
- When "Extract to new folder" option is checked it is displayed with a plus sign in "Extract" and "Extract all to" icons
# EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING:
- Context menu "Add to (format)" directly starts compression without requiring further user interaction
- Context menu "Add to .ZIP" "Zip and mail" and "Add to .7Z" uses default compression settings