Paint.NET 3.10 Beta 2
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
* Note: For the beta, the new features are only presented in English. The final release will have complete translations for the other supported languages.
* Changed: Increased max brush size to 500, as per forum members request
* Fixed: Some layout issues with the Save Configuration dialog and the DDS configuration control
* Fixed: In some cases, undoing an action that removed a layer would result in the un-removed layer not showing up until you resized the Layers window ("ghost layers")
* Fixed: Pressing F1 from the main window would launch the online help in two browser tabs
* Fixed: Adding a new layer now adds it above the currently active layer, instead of at the very top of the layer list
* Fixed: Merge Down now activates the merged layer instead of the one above it
* Fixed: Put the 'x' close button back in the Layer Properties window (managed to fix the bug w/o necessitation removal of the 'x')
* Fixed: In Vista, clicking on a URL link from the installer will no longer launch the web browser with inherited, elevated privileges