Paint.NET 3.5.7 Beta 1
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
- Improves reliability of saving.
- Further improves Copy/Paste functionality.
- Fixes some other miscellaneous bugs.
- Saving an image is now fault-tolerant. If there is an error or crash while saving, the original file will be left alone.
- Worked around a bug in some plugins that are incorrectly using the built-in Gaussian Blur effect. For example, Sharpen+. Now they won't crash.
- Fixed a bug with Edit->Paste into New Image, where the new image would be 1 pixel too wide or tall.
- Fixed a bug with the Rectangle Select tool and Fixed Ratio selection, which would be off by 1 pixel.
- When pasting an image from Paint.NET into Paint.NET, it will be a little smarter about where it puts the image. Previously, if the location wasn't within the viewport, it would be placed at the top-left corner of the viewport. Now it will find the nearest point along the edge of the viewport to place the image.
- The EXIF rotation ("orientation") metadata is now discarded when opening an image, which was causing aggravation with images that could then never be reoriented correctly using Image->Rotate
- The EXIF metadata for JPEG thumbnail data are now correctly discarded.
- Fixed a potential memory leak in the Gaussian Blur effect.
- Fixed a typo in the Italian translation. In the setup wizard it was referring to "Pain.NET"