Paint.NET 3.20 Beta 1
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
* Note: New features will be displayed in English through the Alpha and Beta release(s). The final release will include full translations for the other supported languages.
* Improved: Updating performance should now be faster. It used to be the case that two system restore points were created during update (one for uninstall, and one for re-install), but now only one is created to cover the entire transaction.
* Changed: Ctrl+Alt+0 now works for "View actual size". This is not listed in the View menu as a shortcut, but should help those used to keyboard commands from Photoshop, etc.
* Changed: Some plugins that were causing stability problems are now blocked from loading. They will show up in the File->View Plugin Load Errors dialog.
* Changed: Old effect plugin DLL's that have since been integrated into Paint.NET (Glow, Portrait, etc.) are now blocked from loading.
* Fixed: For revamped effect configuration dialogs, the first textbox is now auto-selected instead of the OK button. This makes keyboard usage more convenient.
* Fixed: Close/Cancel button flickering while downloading an update
* Fixed: The floating tool windows (Tools, History, Layers, Color) will double-check that they are on-screen when they are toggled on/off
* Fixed: If two images had the text tool active and both had active text being edited, then Backspace would not always be routed to the correct image
* Fixed: Open/Save dialogs in Windows Vista with high-DPI would sometimes have garbled thumbnail rendering (fixed by adding "high DPI aware" flag to EXE manifest instead of using SetProcessDPIAware function)
* Fixed: Some minor high-DPI glitches in new UI features
* Fixed: For newly revamped effect configuration dialogs, the focus rectangle ("dotted rectangle") for sliders is drawn only when necessary
* Fixed: Several rare crashes