Paint.NET 3.5 Beta 3
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
* Fixed a performance glitch with some tools, where the action and subsequent undo/redo would be slow.
* Reduced temporary memory usage of commands in the Image menu.
* Reduced disk space use by about 12MB by using NTFS compression on installation files * related to staging (.MSI) and diagnostics (.PDB).
* Fixed many clipping issues with tools and effects with respect to an active selection.
* Improved compression for .PDN images.
* Fixed many small miscellaneous glitches and crashes.