NVIDIA Forceware WHQL Vista 310.90 WHQL Vista
NVIDIA Forceware WHQL software unleashes the full power and features in NVIDIA's desktop, gaming, platform, workstation, laptop, multimedia, and mobile products. Delivering a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications, ForceWare software ensures the best experience with your NVIDIA hardware.
- Incredible 3D and video performance for all of your applications.
- Rock-solid system stability, greater compatibility, and reliability with NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture (UDA).
- Industry-leading features for graphics, audio, video, communications, storage, and security.
- Robust product support for over ten unique operating systems.
- Continual product performance and feature updates for the life of your NVIDIA hardware.
This software requires Windows Vista.
* Adds a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).
* Improves performance for GeForce GTX 690:
- Up to 19% faster performance in Autodesk 3ds Max when interacting with large models compared to GeForce GTX 480.
- Up to 60% faster performance in ray tracing applications such as NVIDIA iray and Chaos V-Ray (subject to the scene fitting into graphics memory) compared to GeForce GTX 480.
- Up to 76% faster performance in the 3D extruded ray tracing capability in Adobe After Effects compared to GeForce GTX 480.
* Updates SLI profiles for Far Cry 3 and NBA2k13.
* Adds new 3D Vision profiles for the following games:
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – rated Fair
- GT Legends – rated 3D Vision Ready
- LEGO: Lord of the Rings – rated Good
- Miasmata – rated Good
- Pirate101 – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Viking: Battle for Asgard – rated Excellent
- Warframe – rated Good
- Wizard101 – rated 3D Vision Ready
# New in GeForce R310 Drivers:
* Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 680:
> Up to 38% in Far Cry 3
> Up to 26% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
> Up to 16% in Battlefield 3
> Up to 18% in Assassin's Creed III
> Up to 9% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
> Up to 6% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
> Up to 6% in StarCraft II
> Up to 6% in Dragon Age II
> Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham City
> Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- GeForce GTX 660:
> Up to 24% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
> Up to 10% in Battlefield 3
> Up to 7% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
> Up to 6% in Far Cry 3
> Up to 5% in Dragon Age II
> Up to 5% in Assassin's Creed III
> Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham City
> Up to 4% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
* NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Far Cry 3 – updated SLI profile
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – updated SLI profile
- Dirt: Showdown – updated SLI profile
- Dota 2 - updated SLI profile
- Dou Zhan Shen – updated SLI profile
- F1 2012 - added SLI profile
- FIFA 13 – added SLI profile
- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad – updated SLI profile
- Hawken – added SLI profile
- Hitman: Absolution – added SLI profile
- Natural Selection 2 – added SLI profile
- Primal Carnage – added SLI profile
* NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- 007 Legends - rated Fair
- Assassin's Creed III - rated Not Recommended
- Bloody Good Time - rated Good
- Bullet Run - rated Fair
- Bunch of Heroes - rated Good
- CABAL2 - rated Good
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - rated Good
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - rated 3D Vision Ready
- Dark Souls - rated Fair
- Dishonored - rated Fair
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 - rated Excellent
- FIFA 13 - rated Good
- Hawken - rated 3D Vision Ready
- Hitman: Absolution - rated Fair
- I Am Alive - rated Fair
- Lucius - rated Fair
- Mabinogi Heroes - rated Fair
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter - rated Fair
- Metro: Last Light - rated Good
- MLB 2K12 - rated Fair
- NBA 2K12 - rated Good
- NBA 2K13 - rated Good
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted - rated Fair
- Of Orcs and Men - rated Fair
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation - rated Fair
- Planetside 2 - rated Not Recommended
- Prepar3D - rated Good
- Sniper Elite V2 - rated Poor
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - rated Poor
- The Amazing Spider-Man - rated Not Recommended
- Tiny Troopers - rated Fair
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - rated Good
- Total War Battles: SHOGUN - rated Good
- Unmechanical - rated Good
- War of the Roses rated Fair
- World Rally Championship 3 rated Good
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown rated Fair
* Other Profile Updates
- Updated NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Counter-strike: Global Offensive
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Cross Fire
- Updated NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Darksides 2
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Dragon Nest
- Updated NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Guild Wars 2
- Updated NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Mechwarrrior Online
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Meng San Guo
* NVIDIA CUDA
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit.
* NVIDIA SSAA
- Added negative LOD adjustments for NVIDIA’s full-screen sparse grid supersampling mode to improve image sharpness.
# Additional Details
* Installs PhysX System Software 9.12.1031. This version fixes a bug that caused some applications including Unreal Tournament III, Trine, and Metro 2033 not to launch.
* Installs HD Audio v188.8.131.52.
* Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
* Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
* Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.