MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.
Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
Why use this defragger instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster.
- Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
- Optimized for daily use.
- Disk optimization, several strategies.
- Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
- Can defragment very full harddisks.
- Can defragment very large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available, can be customized.
* Fixed a bug that caused the screensaver to sometimes crash. The problem was an indirect result of a fix in v4.2.4.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the AddGap() action not to be executed.
* Fixed a problem that caused the gap for the NTFS reserved area to be filled again.
* Fixed a bug that could crash the program during analysis.
* Changed the behavior of the MaxRunTime setting.
* Changed the way the bootblock on FAT disks is read, to support non-default sector sizes.
* Changed the subroutine that vacates files out of the way to move NTFS compressed files more quickly.
* Added the "memory full" message to the translatable messages.
* Fixed a bug that would always create the registry keys, even if only being read.