MeGUI is a free and open source tool to process and convert your video and audio files. It brings all your ducks in a row to create efficient, state-of-the-art and high-quality formats that are supported by a very large number of today's media players. By providing a flexible job automation and management it helps you to clear your head for other tasks.
Main activities and features:
- Converts files for your iPod and all the other media players
- Processes high-quality HD-video/audio files or your DVD and Blue-Ray rips
- Automatizes all your conversion jobs
- Adds powerful filters to improve your results
- Speeds up your tasks by creating multiple threads for your multi-core CPU
Codecs and Formats:
- Creates ISO MPEG-4 and MKV files by using efficient and free codecs (Video: x264, XviD; Audio: AAC, AC-3 and many more)
- Supports MPEG-4 ASP (xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264), AAC, MP2, MP3, Flac, Vorbis and AC3 audio and various common containers such as MP4, MKV, AVI or M2TS
- [Aften Encoder] The Aften AC-3 encoder has been removed. Please switch to FFmpeg AC-3.
- [DGAVCIndex Indexer] DGAVCIndexer has been removed. Please use another indexer.
- [DGIndexIM Indexer] DGIndexIM has been added. It is disabled by default and has to be enabled in the settings. The new default indexer order is: DGIndexNV, DGIndexIM, DGIndex, L-SMASH, FFMS
- [Main] .NET 4.0 is now required for MeGUI
- [Main] The support for Windows XP has been dropped
- [x265 Encoder] Added n-pass support
- [Xvid Encoder] Added support for Xvid 1.3. An additional automated step is required as the output file must be prepared with FFmpeg.
- [FFMS Indexer] disabled AVI file handling as FFMS may cause jittery motion
- [HD Streams Extractor] + [MediaInfo] if a language cannot be detected or matched the default MeGUI language will be used
- [HD Streams Extractor] improved feature selection & handling of unsupported tracks
- [Main] added ~300 additional languages to select based upon ISO 639-2
- [Muxer] + [OneClick] improved language detection based on the file name
- [Profile] profiles will be saved to disk also when a profile is changed. additionally "Load Defaults" resets now the selected profile (before it was the scratchpad one).
- [Update] clean package directory during update