Kaspersky Anti-Virus is among the very best antivirus software available on the market. It delivers essential, real-time protection against all manner of threats. The app goes beyond standard virus protection to secure you against potentially hazardous malware such as spyware, root-kits, security exploits and ransomware.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus uses intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates in order to deliver real-time, efficient protection from the latest malware threats across the Internet.
Key Features include:
- Protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware.
- Scans files, email, and Internet traffic.
- Protects from unknown threats.
- Analyzes browser vulnerabilities.
- Disables links to malware/phishing sites.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Keylogger blocking.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that occurs, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
Overall, Kaspersky Anti-Virus maintains an superb level of protection, coupled with high performance and usability. The only downside we can see is that although the technical support is free, it isn't available 24/7. Apart from that, Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides excellent all-round protection, with a minimal impact on your system.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
- Support of the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 operating system has been added.
- Support of Microsoft Office 2010 has been added.
- Support of the Thunderbird 3.0 mail client has been added.
- The incorrect display of the status of a detected threat (encountered if the object containing the threat is deleted manually before it is deleted by the application) has been fixed.
- The incorrect display of an object in the list of detected threats after it is deleted, has been fixed.
- The display of the status of a detected threat in interactive mode after it is added to exclusions, has been fixed.
- The errors in the display of the computer protection status in the main application window have been fixed.
- The problem of increased load on the CPU and operating system hang occurring when updating the application, has been fixed.
- The conflict with torrent clients has been resolved.
- The information actualization error in the Quarantine window occurring when taking actions on objects (such as restoring, adding, and deleting an object, or clearing the storage area) has been fixed. Previously, the user had to close and then open again the Quarantine window to update the information.