Kaspersky Anti-Virus is among the very best antivirus software available on the market. It delivers essential, real-time protection against all manner of threats. The app goes beyond standard virus protection to secure you against potentially hazardous malware such as spyware, root-kits, security exploits and ransomware.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus uses intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates in order to deliver real-time, efficient protection from the latest malware threats across the Internet.
Key Features include:
- Protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware.
- Scans files, email, and Internet traffic.
- Protects from unknown threats.
- Analyzes browser vulnerabilities.
- Disables links to malware/phishing sites.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Keylogger blocking.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that occurs, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
Overall, Kaspersky Anti-Virus maintains an superb level of protection, coupled with high performance and usability. The only downside we can see is that although the technical support is free, it isn't available 24/7. Apart from that, Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides excellent all-round protection, with a minimal impact on your system.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
The new in protection:
* New component IM Anti-Virus ensures safe operation of various applications for instant messaging. Component scans messages for the presence of malicious objects.
* Kaspersky Anti-Virus includes the URL scanning module managed by Web Anti-Virus. This module checks if links located on the web page belong to the list of suspicious and phishing web addresses. This module is built in Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers as a plug-in.
* Monitoring access to phishing websites and protection against phishing attacks are performed by scanning links in messages and on web pages, and also by using the database of phishing addresses when an attempt to access websites is detected. You can check web addresses if they are included in the list of phishing web addresses; this option is only available for Web Anti-Virus and IM Anti-Virus
*A new tool called vulnerability scan has been added in the list of scan tasks; it makes easy to detect and eliminate security threats and vulnerabilities in the applications installed on your computer and in the operating system's settings.
The new in the interface:
* A new approach to the protection management called My Protection has been implemented. Computer protection is ensured in three different directions: user's files and personal data, operating system objects and applications installed on the computer, and network activity. A specific set of Kaspersky Anti-Virus components is applied to each of the protection directions. With My Protection, the user can find out which component provides protection for a certain resource category, and quickly switch to editing its settings.
* Wizards and Tools, which help execute specific tasks of providing computer's security, are grouped in the Security+ section.