With ICQ Instant Messenger you can video/audio chat, send email, SMS and wireless-pager messages, as well as transfer files and URLs. If you're away from your personal computer you can still chat with friends and contacts, even where the ICQ client is not installed, by using the web-based ICQ2Go that works from any computer.
You can customize your ICQ to be exactly what you need and always up-to-date by adding shortcuts to your favorite features in order to launch them directly from your ICQ. This means that you can send your friends & contacts greeting cards and invitations to games, multi chats, video sessions, and more directly from your client and/or the message window. In the message window you can also choose to display your photo or one of ICQ's unique, animated devils.
ICQ Open Xtraz are web based applications developed by ICQ users for enriching your ICQ experience. Now you can create, download, use and share with friends fun and useful applications such as music, games, gadgets and tools. Add as many as you like! You can find the list of Xtraz for download on the Xtraz Gallery.
New in this version:
- tZers - send short Flash animations to your Contact List friends.
- Two new Boyz and Girlz skins available for download.
- Quick access to send SMS messages to ICQ and non-ICQ Contacts (now called SMS Contacts).
- New option to select the login status.
- Notifications when contacts are online.
- New emoticons (old emoticons still available).
- Devil and nickname displayed on the top of the Contact List.
- Improved Voice Chat sound quality using the latest VOIP technology (GIPS)
- Improved sign-up process.
- Improved User interface - text menus.
- Add and Find Contacts button moved to the Contacts menu.
- Group Mode and Show Online Only buttons moved to the Contacts menu.
- Sort Contacts option moved to the Contacts menu.
- Find Contacts (in the Contact List) option moved to the Contacts menu.
- Adding an SMS Contact is now available from the Add and Find Contacts dialog.
- Xtraz Center shortcut button moved to the bottom of Contact List's Xtraz Panel.